What to do if you have been told you are a Close contact of someone diagnosed with COVID-19
What to do if you have tested positive for COVID-19
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners – Managing COVID-19 at home with assistance from your GP
Appointment booking restrictions at Bungendore Medical Centre
Certain booking restrictions apply during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you have ANY of the below symptoms, please do not attend the surgery in person without first discussing with one of our staff. You may book a telephone consultation with one of our doctors or call reception to discuss with one our staff. These symptoms include:
- Sore Throat
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or taste
If you feel significantly unwell, consider attending the emergency department or dialling 000.
You are still able to book for a telephone consultation at any time. If you have had a negative coronavirus test, please inform our reception staff and we will be able to offer you an appointment with one of our doctors – please note that some of our doctors are not conducting face-to-face consultations at present.
Protecting yourself from COVID-19
Whether you are vaccinated or not, there are things you can do to protect yourself and others from COVID-19. You must:
- practise good hygiene
- practise physical distancing
- follow the limits for public gatherings
- understand how to isolate if you need to.
As per the latest NSW COVID-19 guidance, it is recommended that patients with any of the above symptoms self-isolate and seek coronavirus testing, even if symptoms are mild. This includes any sore throat, or any symptoms that may appear like a ‘mild cold’. It is advised to self-isolate until the result of your COVID-19 test is known. This typically takes 24-48 hours from the time of testing.
It is important to maintain high testing rates to identify as many cases in the community as quickly as possible. Certain outbreaks have only been identified through such rigorous testing.
Where to get tested
COVID-19 testing is available at the following locations:
- Queanbeyan Hospital – 9am-1pm 7 days. Closed public holidays. No booking required
- Yass – Drive-thru clinic. 1-3 MacDonald St, Yass, NSW 2582. 9-12pm Mon, Wed, Fri. No booking required
- Goulburn Base Hospital – 9am-3pm Monday to Friday, 9am-1pm Saturday to Sunday. No booking required
For further information and more testing centres – see NSW Health COVID-19 clinics
- EPIC (Mitchell) – drive-thru clinic. 9:30am to 5pm, 7 days. No appointment required.
- Tests children aged 8+
- Crace Respiratory Clinic – 1pm to 5pm Monday to Friday, and 10am to 2pm Saturday. Appointment required.
- This clinic also provides assessment with a doctor. You can book online, and typically next-day appointments are available.
- Tests children of any age
- Weston Creek walk-in centre – 7:30am to 10pm, 7 days a week. No appointment required
- Tests children of any age
For further information and more testing centres – see ACT Health – Symptoms and getting tested